My Dream Students: George and Tim
A list of who I’d really like to see in yoga class this year. I hope the Universe is listening:
- Tim Tebow. After the Patriots finished throwing you to the ground, and apparently tearing your rib cage, I think you could probably use some love. We’ll do Anjanasana together (the kneeling pose). And I might have to adjust your hips a little bit. Right?
- George Clooney. Class will be canceled if he shows up. Booooyah!
- Erma Bombeck. It’s a long shot, but hey, I’m a dreamer.
- Jane Fonda. Love her. She is showing all of us the way after 50, or 60, or 70.
- Oprah. She will probably dig my theme because it may have come from her.
- A teenager, any teenager but especially a really tight, self-conscious one will do.
- My Mom. She needs it. Same with my Dad. And my Husband.
- And everyone who did shit to me. I can treat you nicely. It will freaking kill you.
- Buddha. Another long shot, but I’d like to help him with Child’s Pose.
- B.K.S. Iyengar. I will humbly kneel at your feet, sir.
- Vanda Scaravelli, my original inspiration. The most beautiful yogi even at 92.
- Julia Childs, who did what she loved and turned it into a gift to the world. And after class we’ll have dinner, which I’m pretty sure I won’t have to make.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is an award-winning journalist, a former corporate executive and a survivor of 50+ years of life. She’s the author of “Finding More on the Mat,” a yoga memoir available from Amazon.com. She teaches Anusara-Inspired and Vinyasa yoga in Denver, Colorado.