Zombies and Vampires: Halloween Inspiration
Zombies and Vampires
Your Why: Why do you teach yoga?
Theme: Individual and group needs. A Community Theme.
HOVs: Self-care, Self-Knowledge and Feeling Connected
Zombies are very community-oriented. They like to travel in packs. They do the walk. They volunteer in their communities, they are extroverted. On the other hand, Vampires are loners. They don’t play well with others. They bite, but they also have a strong ego and take care of themselves. Vampires tend to be good providers, and Zombies tend to have a good time. Perhaps a little Zombie and Vampire exists in all of us, and it is our job to find the balance between being too much of an extrovert or introvert.
Are you more of a “Zombie” or a “Vampire”? How do opposites explain the middle? Self-knowledge is Svidyaya in Sanskrit. How do you find the balance between taking care of others, and taking care of self?
Famous Vampires, or introverts: Bob Dylan, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Instagram (because it’s all about you).
Famous Zombies, or extroverts: Mick Jagger, Oprah, Facebook (because it’s all about your friends).
· Whose team are you on?
· Find your tribe.
· Encourage those around you.
· Teams go farther together.
· Be a love zombie.
· You are the “yo” in yoga.
· Shape shift to state shift.
· Take care of you first.
· Self-care is self-love.
· Savasana in the daytime!
VP: To know the self is to feel belonging and yet not lost in a pack.
· “What a lovely surprise it is to discover how un-lonely being alone can be.” -- Ellen Burstyn
· “Compassion for others begins with kindness for ourselves.” -- Pema Chodron
· “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” -- Henry David Thoreau
· “If human beings had genuine courage, they would wear their costumes every day of the year.” -- Douglas Copeland