Books for the Yogi in your Life
If your yogi likes to read:
- Yoga Resource with Darren Rhodes (Yoga Oasis). A pictorial guide separating the yoga poses into classifications such as backbends, inversions and twists with a visual of how to do the pose. A must for any aspiring yogi or yoga teacher.
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyenger (Schocken Books). The original yoga “bible.”
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by B.K.S. Iyengar (Thorsons Publishers). The yogi “ten commandments.”
- Yoga from the Inside Out and My Body is a Temple by Christina Sell (Hohm Press). Two books about the path from an amazing teacher.
- Journey into Power, by Baron Baptiste, (Fireside). An explanation of yoga, power style.
- The Bhagavad Gita, translation by Stephen Mitchell (Three Rivers Press). One of the modern, easy to read translations that make this epic poem a pleasure.
- Awakening the Spine, by Vanda Scaravelli, (Harper Collins). For yogis who want to see what is possible at 40 or 90!
- When Things Fall Apart, Pema Chodrin, (Shambala). Heart-felt and wise advice.
- Finding More on the Mat: How I Grew Better Wiser and Stronger through Yoga, MichelleBerman Marchildon (Wildhorse Ventures). A yoga memoir laughing our way to enlightenment. Available in January.