Yogi, Muse, Teacher, Student.
Michelle Marchildon is the Yogi Muse. She finds finds the "light" in enlightenment. Known as the "Erma Bombeck of the mat," Michelle is a writer, teacher and lover of yoga. She's a longtime, professional, award-winning journalist, author of The Yogi Muse Blog and the memoir, Finding More on the Mat: How I Grew Better, Wiser and Stronger through Yoga. Her book for yoga teachers, Theme Weaver: Connect the Power of Inspiration to Teaching Yoga, is a widely-accepted text for yoga teachers throughout the world. Her newest book, co-authored with Desiree Rumbaugh, is called Fearless After Fifty: How to Thrive with Grace, Grit and Yoga. "Fearless" shows how to use yoga to feel stronger and more resilient in life.
Michelle currently writes for Yoga International. You can also find her in Origin Magazine, Mantra Yoga and Health, Sports Illustrated, Yoga Journal, and Elephant Journal. She teaches yoga and raises her family in Denver, Colorado. Her classes are available on www.yogadownload.com.
Michelle is an E-RYT 500 and YACEP accredited with Yoga Alliance. She has been practicing since 1995 and teaching since 2007. She started with an Ashtanga practice then discovered vinyasa through Corepower Yoga. She worked her way through Power, Vinyasa, Anusara and Hatha yoga styles.
Michelle teaches yoga to help everyone find clarity on the mat and purpose in life. Her passion is to meet each student where they are with intelligent alignment, and provide a strategy for growth. Through a balance of alignment and flow, Michelle helps students realize a deeper awareness in their practice. She is known for being inspiring and speaking about the human condition. Her class will have you laughing through the tears to enlightenment.
- Global Ambassador for Corepower Yoga, 2016 to the present.
- Ambassador for Kiragrace Yoga Clothes.
- Ambassador for Inner Waves Organics.
- Origin Magazine: Teachers We Love Who Are Changing the World, January 2012
- Origin Magazine: Mothers we love, June 2013.
- Contributing Editor, Mantra Magazine.
- Colorado instructor for Friday Night Yoga and the Wellness Initiative.
- Headline teacher for Yoga 4 Hope festival in Windsor, Ont. Sept. 2013.
- Denver Women's Press Club, member since 2012
Michelle supports the rights, welfare and sanctuaries of animals by donating 10% of the profits from her writing every year. She has supported the U.S. Humane Society's Farm Animal Protection Campaign, the National Mill Dog Rescue in Colorado Springs, and the Boulder Humane Society which rescued animals after the flood of 2013. In 2016 she focused on various charities rehabilitating pit bulls, because Michelle knows what it is to be misunderstood. In 2017, Michelle dedicated one day a week to working with rescued and abused horses at the Harmony Rescue Center in Colorado.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi.
- E- RYT 500 Yoga Alliance, Hatha Yoga, since 2007.
- YACEP accredited for Yoga Alliance, 2016.
- Vinyasa/Power certified, 2007 Corepower yoga.
- Anusara Inspired 2009.
- Teacher Trainings: Amy Ippoliti, Ross Rayburn, Christina Sell, Darren Rhodes. Corepower: Lisa Richards and Dave Porter.
- Yoga Therapeutics: Advanced Intensive, Amy Ippoliti. Desiree Rumbaugh intensives.
- Yoga Immersions: Amy Ippoliti, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Christina Sell, Darren Rhodes, Noah Maze, Amy Ippoliti, 2011, 2012. Baron Baptiste, 2009. Desiree Rumbaugh, 2014 to present.
- Wisdom Warriors (TM) A certified teacher for older yogis.
- Asana Junkies, a loyal follower of the program created by Christina Sell.