Yogi. Mother. Muse.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is a yogi trying to maintain a sense of humor in a hectic world. She’s a longtime, professional, award-winning journalist, author of The Yogi Muse Blog and the memoir, Finding More on the Mat: How I Grew Better, Wiser and Stronger through Yoga. Her book for yoga teachers, Theme Weaver: Connect the Power of Inspiration to Teaching Yoga, has become one of the fastest growing and widely accepted texts for yoga teachers throughout the world.
She’s a Columnist for Origin Magazine, a Contributing Editor for Mantra Yoga and Health Magazine, and a contributor under contract to Sports Illustrated. She has also written for Yoga International, Yoga Journal, Teachasana, Elephant Journal, My Yoga Online and 90 Monkeys. Her wit and humor has earned her the title, ‘The Erma Bombeck of the Mat.’ She teaches yoga and raises her family in Denver, Colorado. Her classes are available on www.yogadownload.com and www.yogasteya.com.
Michelle is an E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance. She has been practicing daily since 1999 and teaching since 2007. She started with an Ashtanga practice then discovered vinyasa through Corepower Yoga. She worked her way through Power, Vinyasa, Anusara and Hatha yoga styles.
Michelle tries to help everyone live their best lives by teaching yoga postures with inspiration and joy. Her passion is to meet each student where they are with intelligent, optimum alignment, and provide a strategy that allows them to learn and grow. It’s never too late to build a healthy, conscious and active life. Through a balance of alignment and flow, Michelle helps students realize a deeper awareness in their practice. She is known for inspiration and being able to speak about the human condition. Her class will have you laughing through the tears to enlightenment.
- Global Ambassador for Corepower Yoga, 2016
- Ambassador for Kiragrace Yoga Clothes.
- Ambassador for Inner Waves Organics.
- Origin Magazine: Teachers We Love Who Are Changing the World, January 2012
- Origin Magazine: Mothers we love, June 2013.
- Contributing Editor, Mantra Magazine.
- Yoga Journal: “Choose” was chosen for the ‘Om Section’ April 2013.
- Featured Colorado instructor for Friday Night Yoga and the Wellness Initiative.
- Headline teacher for Yoga 4 Hope festival in Windsor, Ont. Sept. 2013.
- Denver Women’s Press Club, member since 2012
Michelle supports the rights, welfare and sanctuaries of animals. In years past she has supported the U.S. Humane Society’s Farm Animal Protection Campaign. She also supports the National Mill Dog Rescue in Colorado Springs, and the Boulder Humane Society who rescued animals after the flood of 2013. Lately she has been donating to various charities rehabilitating pit bulls, because Michelle knows what it is to be misunderstood.
- E- RYT 500 Yoga Alliance, Hatha Yoga.
- Vinyasa/Power certified, 2007 Corepower yoga.
- Anusara Inspired 2009.
- Teacher Trainings: Amy Ippoliti, Ross Rayburn, Christina Sell, Darren Rhodes. Corepower: Lisa Richards and Dave Porter.
- Yoga Therapeutics: Advanced Intensive, Amy Ippoliti. Desiree Rumbaugh intensives.
- Yoga Immersions: Amy Ippoliti, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Christina Sell, Darren Rhodes, Noah Maze, Amy Ippoliti, 2011, 2012. Baron Baptiste, 2009.
- Wisdom Warriors (TM) A certified teacher for older yogis.
- Asana Junkies, a loyal follower of the program created by Christina Sell.